Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To an Unseen Enemy on the Battlefields of War

Don’t let me hear your voice
Telling me of loves’ sweet follies
The cherished memories that leave you wistful even now
And the burden of your daily labors 
Or how you meant to tell him sorry
But now it’s much too late
I mustn’t hear how much you miss your son or need your wife
Or know that you are frightened just like me
Please, don’t let me hear your voice.
Don’t let me see your face
To know your smiles frowns and tears
To see in you a part of me and melt the hardness in my soul
Don’t let me see your face.
Don’t let me watch you dance
I need to turn my head so I don’t feel the joy in you
So much like mine when music calls me
And I feel the need to dance
You cannot be like me
I need you faceless, voiceless, void of soul
Or how can I shoot you in the field
And walk away untouched       
Don’t reveal your joy or pain
Don’t let me hear your voice!     

No comments:

Post a Comment